Wednesday, November 4, 2009

H1N1 and Applesauce




No blogging since July? That's a sin! I spent most of my summer in Cali with the Vaisey II family and LOVED every minute of it. I am counting the days until the "Five Year Plan" comes to fruition. We really miss that branch of our family and look forward to all the fun and games down south this Christmas!

Now for current events...it's true. I have the Piggy Flu and there's not a dang thing I can do about it. Cough, cough, cough...waaaaaa! I am out of work all week and am not even having a good time. I always wanted a doctor's note, but it's not as much fun as I thought it would be.


And how does applesauce fit into this picture? Holy Hannah! SIX bushels of apples later, almost 100 quarts of both smooth and chunky sauce, life will be apple-filled for the next three or so years. I was shooting for grape juice, too, but then the pig showed up. Next year. I forget how much I love to can even though it's so much work initially. There is such a feeling of providence. Call me silly.

1 comment: