Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My husband is out of town and my head hurts...

Most of you might think that a woman's head should hurt when her husband is IN town, but not me. Over the past few weeks, I have gained a greater appreciation for how hard my husband works to support our family. I am covering for him this week while he is attending scout camp with Dylan and my head is spinning. I don't know how he does what he does every day. What a lucky gal I am, and I really need to start helping more. I suppose I get credit for the calendars going out every year - usually on Christmas Eve - which is no small feat, but there is a whole lot more going on than passing our menus and mailing calendars. (Inside joke...) Anywho...I need to be more supportive and help him with the madness. My specialty is organization and getting things off "the list" using my one-touch method. I wonder how much he will pay me????? Ha!

Anyway, I thought I was going to have so much alone time this week to play with my family (ok...Lena and Simon - forget the Jeff and Kelly), but I haven't had two seconds to myself. I heard from a friend of mine today about a place called Color Me something or another and it's in Pittsford. Kids can go there to create artsie fartsie projects. I do believe Lena would love that, so I am definitely looking into that adventure.

I need to go exercising tomorrow morning before my friend, Amy, disowns me. It has been over 3 weeks since we have been serious about our commitment to the "NO FLAB" philosophy. Not working so well this summer. It's summer...who wants to get up at 5AM? I get busy on projects and am lucky I get to bed by 5AM.

I am still working on the grandkid entry...it's such a work of art that I almost can't stop myself. How does one woman get so lucky???? I ask you...how?????

And thanks to SherBear and KKKKKKK for a fun afternoon of girl stuff. We need to do that more often. Sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment